Posts: 4
Threads: 3
Joined: Aug 2026
My wife and I just bought a 1989 Newell coach 210 if the previous owner was correct and the included old school typed manual is legit. I have no reason to believe either is incorrect. I would love to get some history and info on this Newell. Like original build and schematics/blueprint if possible. It has been remodeled at one point.
We did email a contact we were given from a friend that owns a Newell and unfortunately all we got was "it was here last in 2019".
Any good advice on how to locate or source some history on our recently purchased Newell?
Ryan
Southeast Nebraska
1989 Newell Coach #210
Posts: 852
Threads: 42
Joined: Jun 2023
(Yesterday, 03:11 PM)Norton1090 Wrote: My wife and I just bought a 1989 Newell coach 210 if the previous owner was correct and the included old school typed manual is legit. I have no reason to believe either is incorrect. I would love to get some history and info on this Newell. Like original build and schematics/blueprint if possible. It has been remodeled at one point.
We did email a contact we were given from a friend that owns a Newell and unfortunately all we got was "it was here last in 2019".
Any good advice on how to locate or source some history on our recently purchased Newell?
Unfortunately it sounds like they purged much of the old documentation. We contacted Newell and they did send us a print showing the coach layout and said thats all they had. We also asked about the original sales price information and they said they did not have anything. So unless it’s with the coach or maybe someone who might have owned it pops up then I doubt there is much info. Who knows, hopefully I am wrong but that’s what our experience has been.
Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl & Loudon & Monterey, TN
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)
Posts: 247
Threads: 14
Joined: May 2017
I went on a tour at newell. They said they had all the documents on all the coaches in this big room. However they don’t really come off the info they have. And when I was there I couldn’t go thru my file. I think they use this info when you have service work done at the factory.
I was able to get the service records for the service that was performed on mine from their service sept.
Dennis White
1997 Newell Coach 454
Canfield OH
Posts: 1,848
Threads: 132
Joined: Aug 2012
If you are interested in general info on classic Newells you could check with the RV/MH hall of fame museum in Elkhart , IN. I visited there years ago before they built their new building. They had old issues of RV literature that contained articles.
Incidentally, My 1978 Newell was purchased by the historian of that museum 20 years ago. He traveled the USA in it doing presentations on RV history.
Also the Family Motorcoach Association published a magazine that occasionally did articles and had advertising for Newell before they changed to the Family RV Association.
www.thervmhhalloffame.org
If you are interested in general info on classic Newells you could check with the RV/MH hall of fame museum in Elkhart , IN. I visited there years ago before they built their new building. They had old issues of RV literature that contained articles.
Incidentally, My 1978 Newell was purchased by the historian of that museum 20 years ago. He traveled the USA in it doing presentations on RV history.
Also the Family Motorcoach Association published a magazine that occasionally did articles and had advertising for Newell before they changed to the Family RV Association.
www.thervmhhalloffame.org
1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.
(This post was last modified:
Yesterday, 08:28 PM by
HoosierDaddy.)
Posts: 1,646
Threads: 81
Joined: Sep 2022
Give AI a shot, I did and there is some information on the net.
1999 45' #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas
1996 40 XL Prevost Marathon