You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...


New to me 2005 Newell 47 #733
#1

Hello All, I just purchased Newell #733! It appears to be a beautiful, well maintained coach as the previous owner owned his own trucking company with a shop on site so mechanically it is in excellent shape. All of the systems I have tested so far are working order except for the silver leaf display so that will need to be something I try to hunt down. 

I have it stored in a cement building with power but my question is what does everyone do for storage and auxiliary air? With the slides out and the leveling system activated the pump is running every 30 minutes or so which I know means I probably need to be trying to find some potential leaks, but in my early research it sounds like even with no leaks the pump runs about every 3-4 hours if you just walking around the coach and opening up doors. 

Does everyone just simply slide the slides in. Air it down on the bump stops and then when it slowly looses air pressure when you want to get it you run an auxillary air compressor to air it back up and open the door? Or does everyone keep them air up all the time? I get that if they were completely leak free in theory it could stay aired up forever but my assumption is none of them are completely leak free?

2005 Newell 47' Quad Slide #733
Reply
#2

Morning. As an additional point, the Webasto diesel burner in the Aqua Hot must be fired once per month year round, no exceptions.

This will provide 2 or 3 years between burner services. Leaving the burner OFF for weeks on end will cause it to smoke or stop working

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area
Reply
#3

Sounds good, I previously had a 2005 Monaco Dynasty what I had to replace the jet so I understand that!

2005 Newell 47' Quad Slide #733
Reply
#4

Welcome Superboop! I store 316 in my shop so I leave the 110V air comp. on because I’m in there most every day. If I cannot check on it regularly I turn it off. Normally it only runs once or twice per day. I’m sure someone with a slide coach will chime in. They might have different requirements.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.
Reply
#5

So it sounds like the compressor running 2 times a day would be as close to leak free as you can get? So if you aren’t able to check on it regularly are you saying you simply shut the compressor off. Let it leak down and then when you need to get into just use aux air to air it back up?

2005 Newell 47' Quad Slide #733
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: RobSC, 1 Guest(s)