You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hella LEDayFlex DRL Daytime Running and Marker Lights

I acquired some of these Hella lights and a power supply from Captain Gizmo (Steve).  I had one bad LED in the light string on my coach 1482.  Steve had replaced his lighting and I was fortunate to get some of the ones that were removed from his coach.  We also wanted to see if an individual LED in the string of lights could be replaced (Yes it can).  There are amber marker LEDayFlex lights in front and on the side of the coach.

To gain access to the DRL power supply and to the strings of lights, with a 5/64" allen wrench remove the small screws in the black panel the lights are mounted in.  The nuts are held in place with a dab of RTV so be careful not to force the screw to turn the nut.  Penetrating fluid may help in that case.  The black piece can be carefully removed once the screws are all removed, it may take some wiggling.  When I put it back together I cut the bolts down to 1" long and used some anti-seize on the threads.   The string of lights are retained by those silver metal brackets.  Once the brackets are removed the strings of lights can be removed.  Each individual LED is retained by 2 of those silver phillips head screws

There is a power supply for the DRL and another for the amber marker lights which is now accessible through the hole.  There is also a power supply for the headlights in there, all mounted on a single piece of metal.

The bad LED's had a dark spot by the LED which I think was caused by heat.

The good LED's had a small dak spot which is probably not a good thing.

I took one of the bad LED's apart.

If one LED "bulb" is burned out, you can cut the wiring and splice another in. The power supply output with 6 LED's illuminated was about 2.85 VDC

.pdf LEDayFlex Installation Manual 01 2011.pdf Size: 3.09 MB  Downloads: 0
.pdf Hella HASI_Product_Overview_2020-2021_LRes.pdf Size: 11.05 MB  Downloads: 0
.pdf Day Flex Lighting.pdf Size: 1.85 MB  Downloads: 1
.pdf 460_895-40.pdf Size: 1.96 MB  Downloads: 0

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling