You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...


New to Newell and DDECII
#1

My wife and I just recently purchased coach #210 a 1989 widebody with a tag.  It is powered by an 8v92 and has a 4 speed Allison.  Thing runs great.  Has a pretty good pull to the right, but that is being remedied as we speak.  
I am a life long gear head, however it's always been gas powered cars and trucks and mostly GM.  With the exception of body work, largely because I hate it, I am a hands on guy.  
So, long way around the barn here, what is a good monitor scanner to keep an eye on the DDEC II system?  I did a search and many of the answers are several years old and I know that this type of tech changes rapidly.  
I am not looking for something to be a full on diesel tech but I am unsure how much to trust the OEM gauges and check engine lights.  It's pushing 40 years old.  I does only have 85,000 miles according to the odometer and I know a Detroit is tough as nails so I am not too worried.  But, an ounce of prevention and all that...

Ryan
Southeast Nebraska
1989 Newell Coach #210
Reply
#2

The orig gauges are totally inaccurate by now.

Bluefire or scangauge is likely your best option. VMSPc is no longer available.

I run Bluefire. The trick will be finding an adaptor to go from the ALDL plug Newell used to their 9 pin round plug.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
95 Newell, 390  Ex caretaker
99 Newell, 512  Ex caretaker
07 Prevost Marathon, 1025
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)