You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Your modern convinces

We have a Iwatani butane single burner for outside use. Anything fried like eggs gets done outside rain or shine!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I gutted and rebuilt most of the interior on 316. We use our coach for 1 to 2 week trips and have no plans to camp in very cold conditions. An interesting side note: 316 was originally equipped with LP furnaces. When I tore the interior out I found two of them inside the cabinetry but they had never been hooked up. There is no LP tank on the coach. I'm told that coaches with LP tanks are not allowed to pass through certain tunnels in the big city so most are all electric. I know it was sold new as an entertainer coach to the Steve Miller Band. My thought is that the coach was originally being built as a show coach when SMB came in and ordered three coaches. The initial plan was for two coaches until the band saw how small the bunks would be. The immediate need for a third resulted in coach 316 being converted from a motorhome floorplan to an eight bunk entertainer floorplan.

316 has four basement A/C units. The only heat source is resistance heaters installed in the ducts of each of the A/C units. It is not adequate for cold weather. I am considering mini-split heat pumps (probably ducted) in the future. An abundance of available heat and cooling is critical in the driver and passenger areas.

I installed a convection microwave oven and an electric two burner unit in the countertop. We often use a Blackstone LP grill outside.

Lighting is very important. Newell provided a lot of lights but I moved them around and added more. All lights are now LED.

Our coach has the marine type air powered toilet. For our use I would prefer the more common and simple bottom dump toilet if it can be placed over the holding tank.

We like to attend events with the coach. Flea markets, antique shows, car and tractor shows and competitions etc. When possible I like to park where I can sit in my favorite chair and see out of the front windows. I arranged the position and elevation of that chair to accommodate that.

A rear back-up cam and a passenger side cam should be mandatory IMO. I mounted the passenger side cam just under the side mirror.

The Weboost cell booster has been moderately effective.

The WIFI ranger not so much.

316 has conduit running front to rear under the floor for plumbing and low voltage wiring. If your Newell doesn't you might find that useful.

High voltage wiring runs front to rear through cavities ( or "races") built into the upper corners of the interior. I would limit wire running in the walls. If it is needed I would run conduit.

In hindsight I wish I would have installed some kind of fire suppression system. I am considering a retrofit.

Our floor plan front to rear is, salon-kitchen-bathroom-bedroom. I built sliding doors between the bedroom and bathroom. We like them.

Have Fun!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Hoosier Daddy, do you have a gallery or anything? I would love to see some pictures of what you have done.

JR and Emily Fairchild 
Ridgebury PA

Classic 1976
Everest_the_Newell
Triple nickel Cummins
Allison auto
And a bunch of unknowns.

I don’t have a gallery. I have pics and have posted some in my threads. I don’t know how to point you to them though. ?

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Try this page. https://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=737&page=5

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Once again Michael Day saves the day !! Thank you!!