You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air compressors 120 V

I am new to Newell, and just bought coach # 1260, a 2009 quad slide, C-15 cat. A beautiful coach and I am thrilled to own this beautiful motor home.
I know that I have many things to learn, and have found this fourm a great tool.
My two 120 V compressors have a toggle switch to change from one to the other and it performed as expected a month ago when I picked up the rig.
Now if the switch is to the left the right unit runs and if it is to the right both units run. I have not opened the box yet, but thought any advice before I move in with screw driver in hand would be helpful.
I have owned many motor homes, but never one like this.
Thank you

Woody Woodward, and Barbara
Newell 2009 #1260 Front entry, quad slide, Bath & a half, Cat C-15, 625 HP.
We have been motor homing since 2010, and have owned 6 motor homes. 
Before that we were boating on the east coast, largely on the ICW.
Big Grin Huh   

Congratulations on your ownership! I'm not familiar with your coach and wonder why you have two 120vac compressors, we have one 120vac compressor and a back up 12dc compressor, I'm sure someone will chime in and educate us both.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

At some point in the mid 2000s, Newell equipped the coaches with two 120 VC compressors located in L1 and eliminated the 12VDC compressor.

For a long time those compressors were controlled by a Siemens or Allen Bradley PLC. The PLC controlled the on off pressures and which compressor should run.

I have already told you more than I know.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I have an ‘07 with 2 compressors that I alternate on a monthly basis.  Sounds to me like a faulty switch.

Terry

Terry Copeland
2007 P2000i

(11-30-2023, 07:18 AM)TMCopeland Wrote:  I have an ‘07 with 2 compressors that I alternate on a monthly basis.  Sounds to me like a faulty switch.

Terry

Thanks Terry, I think you are correct, and I plan to attack it this week. I will open the switch box and see what is wrong. I will post what I find.

Thanks Terry, I think you are correct, and I plan to attack it this week. I will open the switch box and see what is wrong. I will post what I find.

Woody Woodward, and Barbara
Newell 2009 #1260 Front entry, quad slide, Bath & a half, Cat C-15, 625 HP.
We have been motor homing since 2010, and have owned 6 motor homes. 
Before that we were boating on the east coast, largely on the ICW.
Big Grin Huh