You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Central vac

Hello everyone,
My name is AJ, French native (please forgive my English). My husband and I just bought a used Newell. I am a little obsessed with cleaning. I was super excited to know our new to us Newell came with a central vac. The ex owner told us they never used it. So my question is do you use your central vac? If not why not and what do you use to clean?

Congratulations on your Newell!

We use a Dyson cordless vacuum as it is easier to take out and hang back up. It is stored in the closet with the solar equipment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

2nd vote on the Dyson.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Me three on the Dyson, too

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

we never use ours either. a portable vacuum. the hose takes up a lot of space and you still have the powerhead. and it isnt very powerful.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(06-03-2023, 05:45 AM)aj.freeman Wrote:  Hello everyone,
My name is AJ, French native (please forgive my English). My husband and I just bought a used Newell. I am a little obsessed with cleaning. I was super excited to know our new to us Newell came with a central vac. The ex owner told us they never used it. So my question is do you use your central vac? If not why not and what do you use to clean?
You have not obsessed when cleaning until you’ve used the Dyson with the green light on the head and vacuumed in the dark…or so I’m told.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Brad, you are not kidding. We have two of those. One for the house and one for the coach. That stupid light sees everything and keeps you vacuuming into obsession! I think they are overpriced but there is nothing on the market that does a better job. It has replaced out corded vacuum.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Yes we do not use the Newell vacuum but have a Shark which goes nicely where the clothes hamper was.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Here is a Sniglet (a word that isn't in the dictionary but should be)
"Carperpetuation"
The act of running over and over a thread while vacuuming until you finally give up and pick it up with your hands.

To answer your question. I just started using the onboard vac and store the hose over the stack washer and dryer. At home we use a dyson vacuum from the house.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Thank you all for your suggestions and I have in! I bought the Dyson with the green light! Ahahaha I thought I was obsessed with cleaning! I am now!