You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

window leaks

I ve looked at two used 96 coaches and both of them have water spots on the walls under the windows and the wallpaper was baggy and wrinkled.  I didn't feel any soft spots on floor and the windows looked good along seals.  The exception was that under the dinette window behind the interior facade the wood looked bad.  Are these leaks likely to be the windows, or from somewhere else. The seals on the windows appear good; if its the cause of the leak how is the best way to fix it.    As a side note how is the floor constructed in case i have damage.

The seal breaks loose over time. Some take the window out and reseal. Some run a bead of urethane seal t arounf the outside edge. The wall and the floor are 3/4 plywood. The plywood on the floor sits on a out six inches of structural foam.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Its not a hard job but some of the windows are very heavy so it will require help and scafelling, any of the coaches of that vintage its going to have a few leaks unless they have been resealed.

1999 45'  #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas
1996 40 XL Prevost Marathon