You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Going to Newell in Miami, OK!

I'll second everything Bill said.

I do believe there is an Enterprise rental in town as I thought I might need to use it once. If I was going to be there that long I think I'd need to rent a car at least part of the time just to get out an about a little for a change of scenery.

I've only been twice, but I'll post the following comment no so much for you as you're going to be there awhile, but for others who might read this thread. I'll call it the tale of two trips...

First trip I got in super late, didn't really sleep, started super early as Bill stated and I also needed to get out that same day for a prior commitment I had made. Mind you my service advisor had done me a favor to squeeze me in. But I just had no perspective and I was not my best self. I repaid the favor of getting squeezed in with impatience. While it was still fun to see the other coaches, etc. I was just trying to get in and out and my pace and their pace didn't align. Was not much fun, but it was truly all my fault.

Second trip I got there in good time the night before. Had a nice nights sleep and even though I thought maybe it would only take one day I planned for two minimum. I changed my clock to what I'll call Newell Time. For me that just means that things move at a little different pace and if you lean into it it's actually really nice. Super skilled craftsman who literally could not have been nicer. As Bill said they also didn't mind if I watched them work part of the time. I never felt like I needed to watch over them, but I was curious to see how they tackled a couple of the items. As luck would have it we found an issue while there that was not on my list initially and it was zero problem to knock it out since I was not in a hurry. It was a fun trip.

I now look forward to my next trip if there is something I can't tackle on my own. Sounds like they also converted the little house on the property to some kind of customer lounge area. Not sure if that is done yet or not, but what they had planned sounded really nice.

Save travels!

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Messages In This Thread
Going to Newell in Miami, OK! - by Wanderman - 01-26-2023, 09:08 AM
RE: Going to Newell in Miami, OK! - by bikestuff - 01-26-2023, 10:40 AM
RE: Going to Newell in Miami, OK! - by Wanderman - 01-26-2023, 11:34 AM
RE: Going to Newell in Miami, OK! - by 360 - 01-26-2023, 11:51 AM
RE: Going to Newell in Miami, OK! - by CaptainGizmo - 01-26-2023, 12:13 PM
RE: Going to Newell in Miami, OK! - by BusNit - 01-26-2023, 03:02 PM
RE: Going to Newell in Miami, OK! - by Jack Houpe - 01-27-2023, 05:41 AM