You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell Lost a Good Man

Karl Blade has announced the passing over the weekend of Tommy Key after complications from cancer. Tommy had worked for Newell for 42 years and 7 months. He was employed by Newell in February of 1980. When he died he was the most senior employee at Newell Coach. 

Tommy was the service writer that I met shortly after purchasing my Newell back in 2006. I will miss Tommy. He was an outstanding gentleman. My condolences to his wife Lori. 

Ride in Peace my friend.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

tommy was a great man. we stopped by and saw him in june and i am glad we did.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tommy Key was my first service writer and became a friend that I could always depend on. Rest in peace!!!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531
Bug 

Tommy was easy guy to know. He told me that back in the day, he had made the door for my
Coach. He will be missed.

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

Tommy was a great teacher and a very kind man. Our family has had built and owned several Newell’s since 1982, and Tommy had one thing or another to do with each, remembering everything from build to its ownership history. He was always there to help, and he will be missed…

I hate to hear this, he was a great ambassador for Newell.

RIP, Tommy.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Sad news, I never met him personally but I can imagine the loss felt at Newell for sure!

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

My deepest condolences and sympathies to Tommiy's family and friends. He was our service writer and was the on call troubleshooter on most of my after hours calls. He was always a delight to talk to and would work things out with Fran on remodel work no matter how long it would take to be sure she was happy. Newell, our guru group and the world have truly lost a great and decent man.