You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aquahot Electrical Diagram for Newell 240V wiring

I would need to be there to chase the wires. The pictures are not allowing me to make an accurate call.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Sure Rudy.. come on over Smile

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Newell did not furnish electrical diagrams, so you are asking someone to make one for you. Also, Newell or a previous owner may have resulted in yours being different from everyone else’s.

I admire you taking on the rehab. You may want to obtain a generic house wiring book to understand the basics of AC wiring. The coach is no different. I know that reading such a book helped me tremendously.

Also the voltmeter is your friend in identifying what wiring is what before you connect. If you aren’t comfortable touching probes to live wires then use probes with alligator clips. Attach, then flip the breaker.

I just don’t know if there is a shortcut to figuring out what you have other than flipping breakers and measuring.

If you have a dead short, the breaker will trip instantly.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Houston, we MAY have a problem.

I just received the AH 240v heating element from Hydronic Heating Warehouse (Roger Berke didnt list one) It looks nothing like the photo on their site nor Aquahot's.

Can someone confirm it's the correct one? Seems to have much less surface area since it isn't a folded one.

Pictures below.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

i looked up your part number that is on the picture of the single non folded element and it is a SG-1453 which is a 8 dollar big box store 4500 watt 240v element.

the ones i put in mine i got directly from roger berke a couple of years ago and were the part numbers below.

so the one you got is the same voltage and wattage. just not the official aquahot one. the one i got from roger had a ceramic insulator and the one you i have i am guessing is some high temp plastic of some kind. (the base above the nut). and the aquahot one was doubled up like the one in your picture

btw, it is very very easy to round off the very thing nut on the element. i have posted that at rudys suggestion, i had a friend machine down an impact socket on the end to be flat so as it would tightly hug the element nut and used an impact gun to remove them. i am more than willing to send anyone that special socket for the price of mailing if you mail it back.

you will find gurus woes on stripping the nut off and how many days were spent trying to get it out....so be careful. dont use the cheapo home depot hot water heater element thin walled tool to take them out.

i will leave rudy to comment on if he would recommend using it or not. since it is a supreme hassle to change these elements out, i just made sure i had the official one. i would assume it would work, the one you have.

ELX-2E7-540 Element, Electric, 120 VAC, 1650 Watts 1 42.00 42.00T
ELX-2E7-600 Element, Electric Heating 240 VAC/4500 Watt 1 50.00 50.00T

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Exactly as I suspected. The picture on the website was the correct one, the one delivered was the el-cheapo. I have the correct one coming in a few days.

Very disappointed in the Hydronic Heat Warehouse (Master Tech RV) Will be lodging a complaint and requesting a full refund.

Bait and switch. As soon as I received it I ran a search on the number and found the same one for 10USD. Needless to say I was very sad.

Live and learn.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller