You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Two classics in Galveston

Hello all, Since we couldn’t be there in person at spearfish during the no rally rally, we thought we would be there in spirit and soak up some sun with herb harmony and Izzy from Austin with our own mini rally . Two classic Newell at one place sure seems cool and odd at the same time. Lol. Thanks to Herb, Harmony. and Izzy for letting us crash your vacation time. Y’all are awesome!!

Mike and Beth Magee 
80 Newell Classic 37’ Cat 3208T
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

Mike,
It was great to meet you and Beth and we appreciate you guys making the drive. We should make it an annual event?

Thanks again,
Herb

Herb, Harmony and Izzy
1981 36ft - VT-903

Yes for sure an annual event!! (Or maybe more)… ?

Mike and Beth Magee 
80 Newell Classic 37’ Cat 3208T
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

I will join the next one.

Sounds like fun! I got a PM from a new member, @73ClassicCoach, and he owns my old 73 Newell. He bought it in Washington state, maybe he'll be up for an informal classic rally on the Oregon coast?

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Need dates for next rally
We want to make a plan

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

Hi Everyone,

Like @MrE mentioned above I am now the proud owner of a 1973, 33 foot, Cat 1160 powered Newell that he once owed over 20 years ago (from what I understand).

Unfortunately the old girl is in need of a little work. I bought her at a insurance auction and she had some damage from a tree or branch falling on her roof. The primary damage was to the front ac which was busted up pretty bad and a lot of the roof top running lights front and rear are broken, the rear ac shroud is damaged and also some damage to the aluminum and fiberglass skin in a few places. There were some broken windows which I got fixed right away.

Anyway other than the damage from the tree falling on her I am also going through all the systems and repairing stuff. I just replaced the water pump and patched up a copper pipe that had sprung a leak from corrosion. Now the water pressure regulator is steadily dripping when the pump is on so I will have to replace that next. The genset motor is not responding to the start switch in the cab so I need to dig into that. The motor, transmission and running gear seem to all be pretty mechanically sound from the limited driving I have done. I haven't actually road tripped her yet and currently she needs new license plates and tabs before she is legal.

I am still new to this forum so if there are any good places post with questions about repair advice and maybe finding Newell specific parts like those tear drop running light lenses, for the older classics, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Maybe I will have her ready for a road trip next summer but probably not this year.

1973 Newell Coach (33' Cat 1160 motor)
Tacoma, WA Tongue

Welcome Virgil. Sounds like you have an interesting project to work on.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com