You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Ride height valve part number

Tomorrow I'm having new drive tires put on my coach. One of the ride height valves has been giving me intermittent issues, so my plan is to replace it when the tire shop has the tires off. At the moment, I don't know what valve I need, so I'll have to quickly remove it after the tires come off, look for a part number, and start calling my local Napas to see if they have it.

However, my big plan goes down the tubes if I can't readily find the valve, and go get it before they need to put the tires back on and get my coach out of their shop.  Does anyone happen to have a part number for this?  Drive tire valve, coach #485.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan Johnson
Dallas Tx

Newell #485
1998 2 slides

Go to NAPA or a truck supply place and get a ride height control valve with reversible arm. Get it before you take the tires off. If the shop is good you have less than 30 minutes before the tires go back on. There are many makes of these valves but they pretty much are interchangeable if the arm is reversible.

Given the age of the coach, it could have the original Ridewell valves, or sometime later it could have been fitted with something else.

What is the issue? Just want to make sure you are fixing the problem you think you are.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Would this be the Ridewell part you think it is? RIDEWELL SUSPENSION 6300BFAB13

On this one side I've had intermittent problems with it airing up... or a few times where I hear air escaping from the valve when it should not be, and I get low on air.

Alan Johnson
Dallas Tx

Newell #485
1998 2 slides

The short answer is yes, that is the Ridewell replacement.

You won’t like it.

Since the original ones were installed on our coaches, Ridewell changed the specifications on the valve without changing the part number. They made if fast acting. It uses a tremendous amount of air going down the road from bouncing up and down. I put them on a coach and immediately took them off. My air compressor would cycle every two minutes going down the road.

You can try it, it will be a direct fit. And then decide for yourself about the air use.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

What did you put on yours when you took the new ones off?

Alan Johnson
Dallas Tx

Newell #485
1998 2 slides

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?ti...f+the+road

Read carefully about part orientation. The KOTR are not reversible, and right and left refers to the direction the arm comes off the valve, not the side of the coach the valve fits on.

Ten years after installing my first ones, I still like these. I have put them on both coaches I have owned. Never had one fail. There are slow acting, so if you lower the coach when leveling, it will take a minute or two for it to come to travel height.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

on my 02 it is a barksdale.  like the picture     on bobs 07 it was the same as mine.  

it works just fine.

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH