You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Vintage manual Newell air leveling valves.

After trying the push pull method of inflation and deflation of the airbag system... I now know why they invented the travel mode button... it seems mine is totally manual. I’m sure I’m doing something not right to acquire the proper balance for the 4 corners.  But I did find out that a button on the floor 8” forward of the steering column activated a solenoid mounted overhead in the cabinet where it seems the air line comes in to supply both the air brakes and the air leveling valves. When depressed, it dumps all the air quickly on the dashboard air gauge. I presume that the use for this is when leveling one should start from deflated to increase whichever side or end of the coach up to level.  I’m still scratching my head on this one. Mike at newell said travel mode for the (big red button) was the same position as the parking brake (pushed in to travel). But still I have to manually inflate to level before travel. But some have said it should automatically return to level when pushed in to travel mode... but in the in or out position it still waits for me to either increase or decrease pressure in the air bags. I think I’m explaining this correctly. But I have much room for error in this matter.  I know that there’s not very many of these 4 way push pull manual valves around.  I definitely appreciate your guidance.

Richard, I’m going to try your suggestion tomorrow to let the coach all the way down tomorrow and then see if travel mode reinflates. I’ll let y’all know what happens.

Mike and Beth Magee 
80 Newell Classic 37’ Cat 3208T
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

Messages In This Thread