You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Vintage manual Newell air leveling valves.

Ok, no experience with that, BUT the systems share some common operating concepts.

Couple of questions for you. If you look underneath that panel, are those knobs hooked to air lines or electrical wiring? No. They are connected to air lines.
If you open the passenger side engine door, do you see an octopus of valves mounted on the forward wall? If so, can you post pics of that.yes,

I posted l a picture of the firewall air configuration although I have seen some of your photos and they aren’t as elaborate on the gallery

I am going to make some assumptions, and that is dangerous. Please confirm when you try this.
I believe if you pull the red knob up, it will enable you to add air to the air bags, and if you push it down it will enable you to let air out of the air bags. 

Yes I believe that is correct. If I pull out the red button, it allows for adding or releases of air to the air leveling bags. But if I push in the red button, I’m assuming that the bags will return to their normal travel Mode automatically??? Or must I measure distance between top of tire and top edge of wheel well?  That I’m not clear about.

So, for grins pull the knob up, and activate the two front buttons. Does the front of the coach raise? By the way, the engine must be running or you must be hooked to shop air for this to work, otherwise you won't have enough air pressure to do anything.
      If I pull the red knob , I can either push and or pull the individual corner buttons to either add or release air to the bags. I will confirm when I return to the coach and get you a photo too.

I want to thank you in advance for your valuable expertise.

Mike and Beth Magee 
80 Newell Classic 37’ Cat 3208T
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

Messages In This Thread