You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Vintage manual Newell air leveling valves.

Yeah, achieving travel mode via a manual adjustment is fraught with problems. If the auto feature of the travel mode is not working, then a small leak going down the road results in an eventual problem.

Let’s start with the most basic of concepts. Do you see a ride height control valve mounted behind the drive tire, with a rod going to the drive axle? Again I know nothing about your specific system, but maybe by asking questions, we can help you figure it out.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Ok... I pulled the big red button and manually released all the pressure from the airbags and then started the engine and let it come up to operating pressure... about 2 min @ 120 psi the button was In due to no prior pressure. Then I pulled the big red button and Voila!!! The big Bluebell coach raised !!! So now we know, the big red button pushed IN is for adjustment of the level when parked and the big red button pulled out is the travel mode. So I had it backwards and that probably was the cause of the steering wanting to drift all over the road due to geometry changes in the front end.
Richard and everyone thanks for the help in this matter.

Mike and Beth Magee 
80 Newell Classic 37’ Cat 3208T
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

Make labels. ?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Lol... for sure

Mike and Beth Magee 
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

You really dodged a bullet. You are fortunate that your rear tire tread did not rub in the wheel wells while underway. I have experienced this.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Guy, you are correct... I knew I needed clearance and didn’t quite trust the Po responses to my technical questions, so I made sure I had a fist height difference between the coach and tires on the trip back. As such, I believe that the coach wasn’t able to compensate for the fore and aft movement with the slide valves. And possibly made for a stiffer ride. Can’t wait to take it out for a spin and try it the correct way on the highways and byways.
:-)

Mike and Beth Magee 
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)