You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

No Rally, Rally

[Image: avatar_1947.jpg?dateline=1548648484]
Kthomase7 [Image: buddy_online.png] 
Junior Guru
[Image: star.png][Image: star.png]
Gallery: [Image: photo.gif] Click Me!

Threads: 3

05-18-2019, 10:44 PM 

I’d like to thank everyone involved in making the “Official No Rally, Rally a huge success!!!  My personal experience was more than I anticipated!  I’m extremely happy that me and Sarah made the decision to attend!  We gained A LOT of friends and knowledge of the Newell!  This group is World Class and we’re very happy to be a part of this group!  I would personally like to thank.....Richard, John, Roger, Rudy, Steve, Michael, and the imposter Keith “Juice“ Jones for their involvement in my coach repairs!!!  We cannot thank you enough!!!  You’re all Rock Stars...give yourselves a pat on the back ?

Until we meet again!
Keith and Sarah

Keith Thomas
1996 Newell #403
1997 Safari Serengeti Ivory Edition 

“This post was previously posted in Newell sightings.....which was obviously the wrong thread”

Keith Thomas
1996 Newell #403
1997 Safari Serengeti Ivory Edition 

Keith & Sarah,
Thank you for the positive comments on last years No Rally Rally.  Planning has already started for the 2020 No Rally Rally.  Details will be posted in early December.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Food for thought: one seminar I'd like to see is how to properly apply touch-up paint to small chips, etc. so they don't look like a big old blister.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest,
Try using these.  You will be very pleased and have enough for ever.  Comes in four sizes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077LG...UTF8&psc=1

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Thanks Steve, didn't know these existed.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I am not smart enough to cut and paste a link on the iPad. 

But in addition to Steve’s solution, take a look at “curved tip dental irrigation syringes” on amazon. I buy them by the box. 

Prep the area by cleaning the chip with lacquer thinner and a toothbrush. 

Put the touch up paint in the syringe. Put the flat tip of the syringe in the chip and very carefully dispense the paint. Use the flat tip to work around the chip edge. Cover the chip, but don’t try to fill in the hole flush with the rest of the paint. Let it dry for a couple of hours, and come back with clear coat in a syringe to fill it in flush. 

If you have to clean up any excess paint, use denatured alcohol on a lint free rag. Denatured alcohol will not make a runny mess like lacquer thinner or other automotive paint reducers. 

Good visibility and steady hands are keys to success.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Good ideas Richard. Where do you buy the clear coat in small quantities or do you use clear nail polish?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Richard, most seem to be 12 cc. Is that the size you use?

If so, here is the search link: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=curved+tip+de..._sb_noss_2

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Yeah that is the size. But you only draw a small amount into the tip. Hold it upright so gravity keeps the paint in the tip.

I have all kinds of clear coat from painting things. It’s hard to mix the clear and catalyst in small quantities so I always end up throwing more away than I use.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I second Keith's comments about the No Rally, Rally. For all that may be on the fence about going, GO, you won't be disappointed, great time.

I am looking forward to Steve's information about the next get together. I hope we are be able to attend.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.