You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to all of this, 1984

We wanted to introduce ourselves. First we are a family that decided a bus might be the best way for us to travel.  But with no owners manual we are lost!  It is embarrassing to admit but I can’t figure out some of what I would think are obvious functions, like turning high beams on and off or turning on the propane heaters. We now recognize after 6 months of ownership we might’ve have gotten in over our heads with a motor coach. We are not giving up yet and appreciate any and all help.

Mark and Melanie
1985 Newell 40’
#75 ? (still not confirmed)
First motor coach

Welcome !

It just takes time to figure it all out. It is easy to get a little bumfuzzled by the intricacy of some of the systems. Please list any specific questions you have. I am sure someone with that vintage coach will respond quickly about the high beams and propane heaters.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Welcome. Lots of helping hands with years of Newell experience on this forum. You will finds the Newell to be a very well thought out coach. Even after 3 years of ownership of a 1984 , we still find new "things." Your 1984 and our 1984 may be very different, as each was was built for the original owners desires. We had no problem finding the headlight dimmer on the steering column, but then did not know what the old school floor button dimmer switch from the 1960 s did, Well, it turns on and off our jake brake.
I am sure you will enjoy your coach, learning a little more on every trip.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

There are a number of Newell Classic owners on this forum and we are all available to answer as many of your questions as we can. As Guy said, all Newells are different, but they do have a log of systems in common. It is a learning process. We've owned our 1982 Newell for 11 years now, and I still occasionally find something new I did not see before. Ask questions, and post pictures....we'll do our best to help answer all your questions. Welcome!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Welcome to the Gurus!

There is a wealth of information on here, so post your questions.

I find these old coaches, my first, a bit of a challenge too but I am still enjoying the coach, and the learning process.

On my 1983, the high beam switch is the floor mount style, while the Jake brake is a labeled toggle switch near the shifter. The propane furnaces have switched power, on/off, toggle switch near them. And a wall mounted thermostat.

Enjoy.

Marcus

Former caretaker of 1983 Newell, Cummins VT903, Allison 654CR

Hi There Everyone.. Just wanted to introduce myself.  I am an inner of a 1996 Newell and am a Motvated Seller. My husband recently passed and I need to sell adapter as I can't dr Be it. Looking for offers around $52000.  Please advise if there are any other good sites to use...need as much help as I can get ?

Welcome! There is no such thing as a dumb question on this forum, unless you want to look at some of mine.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad