You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Brake pads.

Good evening all , I own coach 1403 a 2010 model while driving back from vacation yesterday a warning light came on dash saying brake pad wear, I have 64,000 miles on coach and second owner logging about 15,000 miles since I have owned it. My question is do I need to call newell to get pads from them or will they give me part number since I live in Oregon, also I have been told that the tag axle  along with  steer axle have brake pads any y body have  advise

I can only add that, I don't have a way to remove the tires and re torque them back on like others on the forum can do. If it were me, I would take it to a local Truck repair facility, (Freightliner, Kenworth, Peterbuilt) dealers and have them look and quote you on a replacement of pads. I have had access to the tools & equipment and have done drum brakes on a semi, but never discs.

If you do have the ability to do the work, I'm sure you could remove them and get replacements at one of the dealers mentioned. I couldn't believe that Newell has installed unique, one off brake systems.

My 2 cents. Smarter people will advise further.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

i know yours has a different suspension than my 02. with the wheels off (and i have the stuff to do that) the brake pads alone can be changed in a short time. they are standard brake pads for a prevo. i think it is like 10-15 minutes each with the wheel off.

i will be interested to know what pads/brakes are on yours.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I have had good brake service from Kaiser Brake and Alignment in Eugene, Oregon.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I just had the rakes on my TAG, passenger side replaced. I will get a picture of the box so you can see what I have. If you're at the no-rally, have one when in question, I will try ti help.

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster
Sad 

Sad Thank you, i called newell and they told me since i have the ZF suspension all 3 axles will have brake pads  Uggh

Take it to a truck or BUS repair place and get them to tell you which brakes need to be replaced. Ours were all worn differently but now the slack adjusters are set correctly so that should solve that part of the puzzle.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40