You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1988 #179 SOLD

1988 Newell Coach #179 VIN 1N9912X89J1011022 $30,000    ***SOLD****
                        see picture gallery (new pictures added last page)
STARTS EASY, RUNS GREAT, SHIFTS SMOOTHLY
3 Axle Wide Body Located in Washington State/Oregon Border
475 HP Detroit 8V92, Allison 4 Speed automatic 117,355 miles
12.5 KW Kohler Generator, 1129 hours, air Suspension and leveling, Split Battery System, 2000 Watt Heart Invertor,
Recent batteries (never used left on trickle charge), tires Michelin 2012 (about 15 K miles), 20 gallon  electric/engine
heated hot water heater, engine preheat, and off engine heat, Wineguard manual satellite dish with elevation readout,
Zip Dee window and patio awnings, Heated Mirrors, 333 gallon diesel tank (257 plus 76 gallons aux), 49 gallon propane tank,
U-Line ice maker with dual stage water filters, 125 gallon fresh water tank, 125 gallon, black water tank, Recaro leather
Drivers seat with electric controls, altimeter, Buddy passenger seat with electric controls, cruise control, CB, intercom system,
rear view camera, four pull down shades for drivers and passenger area, 2 chairs, and leather couch that folds down to a full
bed, Table that has a leaf to allow card player to sit on opposite couch, Dometic Royale refrigerator (propane/120 VAC),
Gaggenau cook top with 2 electric/2 propane burners (with igniter if on 50 amp), Corian counter, Sharp convection microwave 
oven, Oster convection oven (small), Black and Decker coffee maker, Pub master for dispensing drinks, dinette table that makes
into a bed, Private bath with a shower, Sea/Land China toilet, Rear window above head of bed, Queen bed with Costco 3" space foam
on top, 100 pound capacity freezer in compartment with air cylinders that extend for access, skylights in bathroom and hall,
3 roof air conditioners.

Complete documentation with all original manuals and literature.

Has always been stored under cover, first owner stored in heated garage, I am second owner.
Uses less that 1 qt oil in 2500 miles, I have added very little water to radiator during my travels.

Every thing works except:
      Overhead clearance lights have a short and I can't find it.
      Leveling system requires regular attention to valves (replaced all 3 sets of 6 pack valves this week)
      Rear air conditioner may have a crack in outside case (I have a new case);
      Check valve at front air tank needs replaced (annually) (I have a new check valve)
      One water valve at main fresh water tank may need to be replaced (I have a new valve)
        (used to fill fresh water tank from city water instead of connection separate hose)
     Clear coat is starting to peel only on the front of the coach from sun hitting during storage.
     Some scratches on right side of coach from road rash.

Upgrades I have done:
     2 each new intellipower 60 amp battery charger/invertor (one in engine compartment, one in power cable compartment)
     19 inch Flat screen Vizio TV screen in bedroom, 32 inch flat TV screen in front of coach.
     New CB, New AM/FM CD player radio, New Color rear view camera system with 3 cameras.
     2 new attwood 20,000 btu propane heaters (never used), Progressive industries power monitor system for incoming ac power.
     LED stop lights and turn signals (front and rear), Most system indicator lamps have been changed to LED, new LED fluorscent
     lamp over stove, LED lamps in bathroom and small lighting fixtures. 
     3 air tank drain valves with pull cables installed, 2 ea 11-07464 Pulse tech battery conditioners to extend battery life.
     New marine aluminum foil backed foam installed in generator and generator blower compartments. (major job to do this)
     Water softener, new odometer,new time meter for generator, Black sun covers for windshield and all tires.

Other items:
    3 wheel 2 passenger 24 v electric golf cart with ramp that allows it to be stored in large compartment when traveling.

Many Spare parts:
   16 leveling valves, 12 valve rebuilt kits, air conditioner cover, digital clock, fuel filters, oil filters,
   17 gals oil, switches, cabinet hinges, spare power supplies for fluorscent lamps, air struts for compartments,
    3 sets of HCV valves for level control, 3 new gasket seals for air conditioners, Spare u-Line ice maker assembly,
   too many more to list.

Tools:
    2 each 12 ton jack stands, bottle jacks, 2 inch socket set, collapsible ladder,misc funnels, filter removal tools,
    too many more to list.

Tow vehicle available: 2005 4WD Jeep liberty 3.7 liter limited with falcon tow system with rock shield 90700 miles,
                                sunroof and tow package $4000

1988 Newell 8V92 #179
40ft Tag Axel, rear window
2005 Jeep Liberty toad

Someone will get a beautiful Classic. Your coach is amazing in the detail work in maintaining the generator and engine bays, along with all other things mechanical and electrical.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Sent PM

1988 40ft Newell Classic
8V92 TA Mechanic
Allison 740 (4 speed)

Great looking rig...

SOLD

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com