You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Salon Slide pins won't engage on retract

Tom - I like your post! It is exactly what I have been thinking about doing, but just didn't know HWH and Newell had a position on it.

As you may recall, over time when I retracted the salon slide the top came through the wall before the bottom aligned with the wall and the limit switch. At that point, if I continue to hold the switch, the pins would attempt to extend, but could not since the hole had already passes below them. The area around the hole was strong enough from the weld not to allow the pins to penetrate the top - thankfully. I then visited the factory - twice - and they tried all their tricks and each time I left it worked as desired a few times before reverting to the top coming in too far. I have been forcing the top back out mechanically and hydraulically with extensions inside between the two walls and I get the pins to go it. But, I am noticing that puts the slide in a bit of a bind and the clearances between the slide and the coach are no longer very uniform. On one recent attempt to extend it refused to move. I did the retract/extend and got the pins to release and it seemed to pop into a more central position to the coach on the places I could see. That is when I started thinking about just stopping the process before the pins tried to extend.
I knew from some prior experience that a leaking HWH solenoid valve could result in slide movement out while traveling as the bottom would creep out. But after replacing both solenoids it no longer moved at the bottom. So unless some guru writes it about his slide extending into the fast lane and getting ripped off by a passing 18 wheeler, I'll give it a try next time.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Messages In This Thread
Salon Slide pins won't engage on retract - by Newell 381 - 06-19-2017, 02:26 PM
RE: Salon Slide pins won't engage on retract - by rheavn - 06-19-2017, 09:59 PM
RE: Salon Slide pins won't engage on retract - by RussWhite - 06-20-2017, 05:59 AM
RE: Salon Slide pins won't engage on retract - by Chester Stone - 06-20-2017, 06:38 AM
RE: Salon Slide pins won't engage on retract - by RussWhite - 06-20-2017, 07:36 AM
RE: Salon Slide pins won't engage on retract - by encantotom - 06-20-2017, 08:54 AM
RE: Salon Slide pins won't engage on retract - by RussWhite - 06-20-2017, 09:47 AM
RE: Salon Slide pins won't engage on retract - by Newell 381 - 06-20-2017, 11:50 AM
RE: Salon Slide pins won't engage on retract - by RussWhite - 06-20-2017, 12:01 PM
RE: Salon Slide pins won't engage on retract - by Richard - 06-20-2017, 12:38 PM
RE: Salon Slide pins won't engage on retract - by pairodice - 06-20-2017, 01:53 PM
RE: Salon Slide pins won't engage on retract - by Richard - 06-20-2017, 02:54 PM