You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Salon Slide pins won't engage on retract

Not sure if you have done so but definitely CALL NEWELL - they do not just buy these slide units as a whole from HWH and slide them in the coach - all the mechanism on our coach is pretty much custom. I brought my coach to HWH when we first got it to have them check out the slides. They took about 3 minutes looking at it and said 'this is not our work' (more or less) and sent us on our way so don't waste your time going there...
Do you have your coach set to 'Travel' mode on the leveling system (I think that's what it's called) - do not try to level your coach because it will bind up the slide out room.
I do have locking pins when the slides are in and they definitely lock down (because they squeak going down the road if not lubed!)... I can take pictures but I'm pretty much useless for helping...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Adrian

It all depends on what you want done. Hwh is far better at the electronics side of the system than Newell, but when it comes to the slide room itself then I agree with you
To the

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )