You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What is this?

Does anyone know what this is?

It is mounted to the air tank over the tag axle. It has some wires going to it.

It is leaking air so I need to replace it. I don't know what to search for . . . .

Thanks in advance!

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

Kyle where do the airlines go? That will provide a clue. What happens if you disconnect
The wiring?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Air pressure sending unit I think. They can be used for several purposes. You can buy them at NAPA.

I am the head caretaker and floor sweeper on my dads coach. Also the one who drives it to Oklahoma for him for service.
2005 Coach 730

I believe it's likely the air pressure switch that triggers the low air pressure warning. And yes they can leak. The one on my 93 coach did a year or so ago.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

It is a LP-3 low pressure switch. NAPA was able to get one for me today. I put it on after work. Only took 3 hours. . . . If you could see it, you couldn't reach it - if you could reach it, you couldn't see it.

Why did they use screw on terminals ? The slip on spade would have saved over an hour . . . .

If this part isn't the part they built the coach around, it's got to be the second!

Ironic that the low pressure switch was causing the low pressure . . . .

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

I also replaced the air tank moisture pull drain valves on the front 2 tanks. Now, my brake air pressure is at 90 psi 4 days.

The main air stays above 90psi for well over an hour now.

AND, I was able to get the air operated step cover slide working - added a pressure regulator & cleaned some electrical connections.

Nice when more stuff works ! ! ! !

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

Ironic that the low pressure switch was causing the low pressure . . . .

Obviously it was "on" and doing it's job....