You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

SCS Basement Air Short Cycle Fix

Glen,

Drafting was not a subject I excelled in. Here is my feeble attempt. Only the timer relay power is switched on and off. When the relay power is switched off and on, the timer does reset. However, using PRGM 36 in the timer setup results in the relay closing immediately upon repower IF the trigger is present. Only after the first trigger initiation does the delay come into play on the second occurrence of the trigger. That way, I turn off the AC’s when entering a campground, then turn off the generator. When plugging in, Rhonda switches the relays on, and the AC comes on immediately.

.pdf SCS timer:relay schematic.pdf Size: 1.03 MB  Downloads: 10

The blue trigger wire on the timer/relay is NOT used in this application.
The white wire on the timer/relay is the data port

The white wire on the thermostat is for the Aquahot heat and is not shown on the schematic.

DO NOT hook the white wire on the thermostat to the white wire on the timer/ relay.

EDIT: One more thing, I made up a little panel to hold the timer/relays. I used terminal strips for both the in triggers from the tstat and the outgoing signals from the relays. That way, if the circuitry goes haywire, or I sell the coach. I can connect the tstat wires back to the original wiring in seconds.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
SCS Basement Air Short Cycle Fix - by Richard - 11-06-2023, 05:10 AM
RE: SCS Basement Air Short Cycle Fix - by Jack Houpe - 11-06-2023, 06:54 AM
RE: SCS Basement Air Short Cycle Fix - by Gnawrocki1 - 11-06-2023, 01:58 PM
RE: SCS Basement Air Short Cycle Fix - by HoosierDaddy - 11-06-2023, 05:15 PM
RE: SCS Basement Air Short Cycle Fix - by Jack Houpe - 11-07-2023, 05:37 AM
RE: SCS Basement Air Short Cycle Fix - by Richard - 11-07-2023, 11:11 AM
RE: SCS Basement Air Short Cycle Fix - by ccjohnson - 11-08-2023, 10:28 AM