You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Tag dragging to easy - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suspension/Tires/Wheels (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Tag dragging to easy (/showthread.php?tid=4111)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Tag dragging to easy - CHRIS 1999 2 Slide - 04-13-2018

Thanks Brad but we're going across mostly on I-40 and I saw your previous post on how bad you said those roads were. That would be nice if there was a Road-Buddy App, theres a summer project for you Brad when your not slapping mosquitos.

RE: Tag dragging to easy - Brad Townsend - 04-13-2018

Not much for mosquitos here but near the woods are the black flies/Mayflies. The RV sites are on a flat top hill so we tend to get a breeze which keeps them away. Must be some techno person out there that could develop a Road-Buddy app. I am not that techno savy.

RE: Tag dragging to easy - CHRIS 1999 2 Slide - 04-17-2018

Brad didn't you know that the Maine state bird is not the chickadee but the black fly.

RE: Tag dragging to easy - Brad Townsend - 04-17-2018

Ayhhyuh my mom is from Lincoln herd it plenty. Lived 1 year in Caribou, Mosquitos are awful when the sun goes down all summer.

RE: Tag dragging to easy - Brad Townsend - 06-21-2018

Update: found a significant air leak above wet tank. a compression fitting just needing to be tightened a bit more but in a very tight area but got it. Before the 110 compressor couldn't stay up with it now only runs 11 minutes. Also noticed some bubbles coming from a plastic unit plumed into the same area as the loose compression fitting. I guess it would be a junction area where three lines come in and this plastic thing with 2 small wires on it. Anyone know what that plastic thing is?
It looks to be about 2 inches tall about 5/8 thick and 1 1/4 wide with tapered sides. Held together with what looks like #10 bolts going up from the bottom. The 2 wires are at the top, one on either side. This unit leaks at the top. I have tightened the bolts to the point that I think any tighter would break them. And it still leaks a small amount. I assume it is a type of sensor but not what for. with the wires off the gauge on the dash still works. Little by little.

RE: Tag dragging to easy - kyleb - 06-21-2018

(06-21-2018, 01:35 PM)Brad Townsend Wrote:  Update: found a significant air leak above wet tank. a compression fitting just needing to be tightened a bit more but in a very tight area but got it. Before the 110 compressor couldn't stay up with it now only runs 11 minutes. Also noticed some bubbles coming from a plastic unit plumed into the same area as the loose compression fitting. I guess it would be a junction area where three lines come in and this plastic thing with 2 small wires on it. Anyone know what that plastic thing is?
It looks to be about 2 inches tall about 5/8 thick and 1 1/4 wide with tapered sides. Held together with what looks like #10 bolts going up from the bottom. The 2 wires are at the top, one on either side. This unit leaks at the top. I have tightened the bolts to the point that I think any tighter would break them. And it still leaks a small amount. I assume it is a type of sensor but not what for. with the wires off the gauge on the dash still works. Little by little.

Sounds like the low air pressure sensor        

RE: Tag dragging to easy - Brad Townsend - 06-22-2018

That's it. Are these easily found?

RE: Tag dragging to easy - Brad Townsend - 06-22-2018

Just ordered one off ebay. Thanks.

RE: Tag dragging to easy - kyleb - 06-22-2018

(06-22-2018, 03:22 AM)Brad Townsend Wrote:  Just ordered one off ebay. Thanks.

What would we do without ebay ? ! Big Grin

Be careful with those little screws, if you drop one, they can be very difficult to find & the ones on my new switch didn't match the old one - spent over an hour looking for it. The gravel floor didn't make it any easier either!
It was brass, so a magnet wasn't any help. Sad

RE: Tag dragging to easy - Brad Townsend - 06-25-2018

Thats a good point. I am parked on fine sand.