You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

How are your mini splits performing?

(04-26-2024, 03:55 PM)Richard Wrote:  Arch,

Thank you for the details. Jack has done a great job but not all Newell floor plans, aka mine, lend themselves to internal evap units.
Agreed

Would you mind sharing the air flow and pressure details for the evap unit? It seems super critical to know that when utilizing the existing ductwork.
It would seem that I need to remind you with whom you are asking such details, lol!
How/Where would I find such information to share. Spec sheet of new equipment or airflow test?

Second, you chose to fab the ductwork to both exhaust and intake the air from under the coach. I am not saying that was wrong. Would you mind sharing your logic with the group ?
Our coach has solid bay doors and the original SCS was installed in such a manner, so the simple answer is Occam's razor
that combined with Jacks comment about the NASA level craftsmanship of the original duct work really drove our system design/install choice

You have a successful install of what would be the easiest path for those retrofitting SCS units utilizing the existing ducting. Thank you for allowing us to pick your brain on the details.
I have a rather large debt to repay considering all the time and energy that I have been given from yall!

One afterthought:   the original SCS units were both 2ton as stated.
What I failed to mention was that the salon air was supplied by the R2 unit via (2) 5in tube ducts venting thru the driver side columns flanking the salon window. An additional 5in tube was added to supply more air to the salon and vents fore and aft of the couch at floor level.
The second SCS, L2, was originally ducted via trunk towards the rear. This then discharges conditioned air thru (1) duct over the fridge, (1) duct in the mid bath, and (2) ducts to rear bedroom, hidden in columns on drivers side, one at the front bulkhead and the second in the rear.

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

Messages In This Thread
How are your mini splits performing? - by folivier - 04-26-2024, 08:41 AM
RE: How are your mini splits performing? - by Jack Houpe - 04-26-2024, 11:06 AM
RE: How are your mini splits performing? - by Jonestead - 04-26-2024, 02:05 PM
RE: How are your mini splits performing? - by Richard - 04-26-2024, 03:55 PM
RE: How are your mini splits performing? - by Jonestead - 04-26-2024, 04:25 PM
RE: How are your mini splits performing? - by Richard - 04-27-2024, 04:23 AM
RE: How are your mini splits performing? - by hbens - 04-27-2024, 04:25 AM